Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmastime is here

A year ago...
I was preparing for my husband to come home to Denver for a three-day break from training in Oklahoma City. It was the only time he was flying home during the three months so we were praying for good weather. 

I was living in my parents basement so there was no planning when it came to spending time with the family over the holidays. My parents and I were heading to Ohio in two weeks to look for a house in the Mansfield/Ashland area. Scott and I were moving there in a month and I had no idea where we were going to live but I was really looking forward to exploring the new city and countryside. We were expecting to live there for the next three to five years, so I knew I had to pick a pretty decent place.

This year...
I just left DC for Ohio and in two days we'll be heading back to celebrate Christmas. We prayed for good weather for the drive here and we are praying for the same on the way back.

We were able to go home to Denver to see the family over Thanksgiving but we couldn't do it again so soon. Instead of our presence we sent presents in packages to our families. Hopefully we will Skype on Christmas Day and be able to see everyone.

I am living in a place in DC and Scott is still living in our place in Ohio. We are doing all we can to be reunited but we will close out 2012 the way we closed 2011, apart. Although physically we will probably ring in the new year together, a day later we will spend the night alone because this is our reality right now.

As somber as this may sound, we have a wonderful life. Our jobs are fascinating and we love the work we are blessed to do. Every few days we are overjoyed to be in one another's presence, how many couples entering their seventh year of marriage can say the same? I know we will look back at this time as one of our least favorite, but we will also look back on it with a little fondness as a time when we overcame challenges and were happy.

Merry Christmas 

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Katie and Scott!! Sure to miss your smiling face every day. This is the next best thing. I will be following you along your journey, thanks for sharing!!
    Your friend always, ZZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Email us:urgentloan22@gmail.com
    Application Form:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete