Sunday, August 26, 2012

And so, it ends...

A-100 is officially over. We were back at Main State for our swearing-in ceremony on Friday. It was the same building this whole experience started in six weeks prior. We were in the auditorium next door and I remember being so overwhelmed at the mere prospect of this life. I barely understood where I was supposed to go, what I was supposed to be doing and I did not know anyone. I knew a lot of names from the online groups and some faces from the happy hour the night before, but I still didn't know how I was going to fit into all of this.

And here I am, a short time later, and I have more new friends than I know what to do with. I am so invested in their lives and happy for them as everyone will be starting work, heading off to a new country, or beginning their training in the next couple weeks. I think I have said it multiple times before, but these people are really amazing. And their spouses, kids, and families are just as awesome. I cannot wait to hear from the ones that leave right away once they reach their first posts and I look forward to getting to know the ones that will still be around even better.

As for me, I start work tomorrow! I was so preoccupied with finding an apartment (not an easy task!) that I have barely thought about my new job. After days of searching and literally hundreds of calls (mostly made by my amazing husband), I have a place to live! Its a really nice property and although the location is not exactly what I was hoping for its still plenty close to everything. I am just hoping to find out that some co-workers live in the same area (surely the odds are in my favor, right?).

Tomorrow is going to be a great day. I had the opportunity to visit my new office last week and see my desk and the map on the wall (arguably my favorite part. I do love my maps). The best part of tomorrow? Finding out exactly what I will be doing! Its going to be good.

1 comment:

  1. Do you need Personal Loan?
    Business Cash Loan?
    Unsecured Loan
    Fast and Simple Loan?
    Quick Application Process?
    Approvals within 24-72 Hours?
    No Hidden Fees Loan?
    Funding in less than 1 Week?
    Get unsecured working capital?
    Email us:urgentloan22@gmail.com
    Application Form:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....
    Email us (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete