Sunday, August 5, 2012

Week Four begins

I cannot believe three weeks of A-100 have already passed. It is just amazing. Tomorrow is Monday and before I know it the weekend will be here again and it will finally be the all important week five....the week of Flag Day. But more on that another time.

This past week was a rather short one because it was the week of the offsite trip. They took our class out of the classroom for a couple days so we could get to know each other and work on some leadership and teamwork techniques. It was a lot of fun. The only thing I would have changed was the weather. It was terribly hot and all of the activities were outdoors. I miss the dry heat of Colorado. I also miss how it cools down in the evening. D.C. is lacking both of these qualities.

I never cease to be amazed at the history and experiences of my classmates. This weekend I spoke to people in my class I had never spoken to before. Its a little odd. I know their name and handful of facts about them but we have never had an actual conversation. There is still a handful of people I've never had a real conversation with. I am hoping that this will change over the next three weeks but I fear that there is a good possibility I will leave the swearing-in ceremony without knowing some people in my class.

Flag Day is less than two weeks away!!!!! Ahhh!! So crazy. Less than two weeks until we find out where we will next call home. I am so excited but so nervous at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment