Sunday, July 15, 2012

Washington, D.C.

We have arrived! Unfortunately we left Ohio a little later than I was hoping and arrived in Washington, D.C. around 1:45am. The drive was not too bad. We encountered a little rain in Pennsylvania but because Scott plans well not a single item in the bed of the truck was wet when we arrived. In case you hadn't noticed, he is pretty awesome.

I am staying in the apartments paid for directly by the State Department and so far it has been great. The night security guard was amazingly helpful and walked me through the check-in process despite my being half asleep. He then got us a luggage cart to unload the truck and replacement keys for the apartment when the door would not open.

The apartment itself is pretty great as well. It is completely furnished including awesome artwork on the walls. There is even a fake tree and you know a place doesn't feel at home until there is a fake tree. I look forward to hosting some visitors on the hide-a-bed in the couch! (hint hint to all of you)

Tonight was the meet-n-greet hosted by the 166th A-100 class. There are so many people in my class that there was no way I could meet them all in two hours. However, the people I did meet were fascinating. I keep thinking that at some point since I was invited to this class they are going to call and rescind my offer and tell me this has all been a big mistake and they never meant to extend me an offer. And after meeting my fellow classmates I am expecting it even more. Everyone has such interesting stories about their lives and their experiences; I cannot wait to meet everyone else and learn their stories as well.

Tomorrow is my first day and I have a lot to get together before I will feel prepared enough to go to sleep. Hopefully it will go well and I won't forget anything important!

No comments:

Post a Comment