Friday, June 8, 2012

Greyhound

I had the opportunity to ride the greyhound bus today. My first time. It was...quite the experience.

It began in a terminal in a shady part of town, but really, when are bus stations ever in the best part of major cities?

The guys behind me in line contemplated stealing my pillow. Out loud. Of all the things I had, my pillow? Really? Anyway...

The man in front of me had serious dandruff and when a girl sat down next to him they proceeded to have a deep discussion about autism, intimacy, hugging styles (which they proceeded to demonstrate) and all kinds of other things I never needed to hear about.

In Toledo an Indian boy sat next to me, which by itself is nothing. And I understand how different cultures and personal space don't really go together (China cured me of a need for personal space) but when his un-shoed feet are touching me, his food covered hands are wiped on my seat, and he falls asleep drooling on my shoulder I am nearly at my limit.

Then the guy with Tourette's got on the bus and the headphones came on....

In actuality it wasn't that bad. I got a lot of reading in the Hunger Games done which was awesome. Those books thrill me. I was crying and smiling and I am enjoying the read so much. I am kind of excited for the bus ride home so I can finish the book series.

And the goal of all this, to get to Chicago! So far I have seen eight of my Oxford classmates and it has been wonderful. It's so good to catch up and hear about what everyone has been doing and about all the friends that couldn't join us.

And Chicago has been great. Good times already!

1 comment:

  1. PEEPS!!! It was so wonderful to see you! I'm glad you survived your Greyhound adventures <3

    ReplyDelete