Saturday, June 30, 2012

It begins...

I finally started packing today. Since I'm no longer using my UAB shipment (that's unaccompanied air baggage. I can ship 250 lbs. of stuff in addition to anything I could take on a flight with me) I really didn't feel any rush. Scott and I will be driving to DC and then he will be making subsequent trips over the next six weeks so even if I forget something I can just have him bring it a week or so later.

I got through all the clothes in my room and was feeling really good about that accomplishment until I remembered all the clothes I also have in the spare room's closet. Oh man. I have a lot more to get through. Scott might be right, I may have too many clothes. I tried my best to get rid of things but I kept thinking, "who knows where we will be going!? This might be perfect there!" This is a dangerous attitude.

I am also starting to be sad about leaving Ashland. We visited one of our few friends today and I held her newborn daughter. She is so tiny and the next time I see her she will be...who knows? Will I be back to Ashland in a few months or is it possible I will never return to this area? It's a difficult position to be in. Some of the people we've met have been such great friends to us. But will they be lifelong friends? We won't know until we leave.

I have been fortunate enough to know more than a handful of people I can call lifelong friends. No matter how long we go without talking we pick up right where we left off. I feel so blessed to have so many people like that in my life. Unfortunately it has been hard to find the time and money to physically visit them as we are all spread so far apart. With my new job it will now be even harder but I do hope that I can put Ashland on the list of places in the world where my lifelong friends reside.

And now....Ashland Balloonfest pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment