Saturday, June 16, 2012

Moving Sale!

Today is our first attempt to sell some items before I leave for D.C. in less than a month. We sat down a couple weeks ago and made 4 lists. There was a sell list, a storage list, a take-with-us list, and a Colorado list. The Colorado list is the shortest and contains the few things we cannot take overseas but would also not like to leave in a storage facility.

This being my first Saturday off since we found out about the Foreign Service I decided I would spend it trying to have a yard sale. I should have known this might not work because I have seen at least two of my neighbors have yard sales every weekend since spring began. If they are having sales that often they must not be selling anything. That only occurred to me now.

Now I've only been out here about 2 hours and we have made about 40+ dollars, but so far every single thing we've sold has been to the same crazy neighbor (and he is crazy, we will get to that another time). So far he has come three times and my guess is as the day goes on he will discover more things he needs.

And now the police just pulled up. But they might just be here to arrest our other neighbor again.

And crazy neighbor just came back. And left. Guess nothing appealed to him this time.

Now the cop who arrested my neighbor is listening to excuses from the guy's mother(?) as to why he committed the crime.

I am guessing I could live blog what is happening on my street today and it would be an interesting read. But I have yard sale-ing to get back to. And my new game on my phone is not going to play itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment