Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lightning bugs!

As I sit here scanning my FS paperwork I am thinking about the walk through our neighborhood we took tonight. It was the first time I've ever felt a little unsafe in the area since we first arrived (at that point places were just unfamiliar. I was equally afraid of the area and of getting lost). I may have just been freaking myself out but it was a scary feeling none the less.

However, there were little lightning bugs all over the place and I was reminded of visiting my grandparents in Indiana when I was a kid and being so excited to catch lightning bugs and put them in a mason jar for a night light. That was one of the highlights about coming to the east and I have literally been waiting since January for them to appear.

I caught one and it reminded me of being in my grandparents backyard in Indianapolis, the last place I was when I caught one. How different my life is from then to now. My grandmother is no longer of this earth and my family doesn't even own that house anymore. I am married and getting ready to embark on a totally new era of my life. Where will I be the next time I have an opportunity to catch a lightning bug?

No comments:

Post a Comment